Saturday, February 20, 2010

when i was little...

...i would do anything to go to a friend's house. it wasn't odd for me to clean my room, pick up the house, clear off the table, put some laundry away, and look around trying to figure out how i could do anything possible so that my mom simply couldn't say 'no' when i begged to go to a friend's house.
i craved friends all day. every day. when i first understood what the word introvert meant, i was so confused at how a person could be like that (obviously now i completely understand that we, as people, are all so beautifully different in our own ways).

but seriously.....i was made to fellowship.
last night i went to our church women's retreat. it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

it was filled with...........
laughing, chocolate, 3 am, hotel, crying, praying, laughing, chocolate, popcorn, pajamas, snuggling, wise women, sharing, listening, talking, breakfast, late night, laughing, advice, praying, crying, chocolate, hugs, stories

it was like a giant slumber party. filled with amazing women. and the Lord was there. because "where two or three gather in My name, I am there with them." matthew 18:20.

but guess what. the most beautiful part of gathering with these women is that we could bear one another's burdens. because.......in galations 6 God says that if someone is struggling, as a follower of Christ we are called to bear their burden!

it just makes sense. my burden is easier for you to carry, and yours is easier for me to carry. so throwem down sista! let me carry'em for you! ahhhhhhhhhh i totally sound like olympic snowboarder shaun white's coach, "throw it down, and stomp this one"

so go on, get with your girls, share your stuff, and carry theirs. it feels good. it is good. it's what we are called to do. it's what we are made to do.

'hi, my name is lindsey, and i will bear your burden.'

No comments:

Post a Comment