Wednesday, May 26, 2010

when things are going good.....

.........it's easy to put things on the back burner.

for instance. prayer
for instance. time spent in the bible
for instance. being real with the Lord
for instance. seeking His will

that's where i am today. well, mostly these last couple weeks.

things are going well. so good, in fact.
my husband is home.
the scale has stopped jumping numbers upon numbers.
i feel better.
i got a new bra... fist pump!?!?
i had marvelous time spent with my inlaws
we find out if the babe is boy or girl FRIDAY!!!!
i get to see my family for four days.
i get to eat cheese balls at sweet treat in just 2 days.

so i've stopped doing the things that kept me going this past year.

i think it's quite typical for this to happen.
when we need help we get it.
i prayed, i read, i meditated on things above

and now.

now, my cup feels so full.
but i know its full of things that can fail me in an instant.
things that can swipe my feet right from under me.

a few weeks ago the children's message at church was about building your house upon a rock.
not on the sand.
mr. leif seems like my rock.
he's been it since i was 16.

i learned this past year i can't only lean on him.
but rather my relationship with the Lord must be my foundation.
our foundation.

however, now that he's home, he's become my only rock again.
and it works.
but there are so many things that could fail me, and my foundation isn't strong right now.
i need to get back to that place.

there are lots of decisions to be made when preparing for a babe.
names.
jobs.
finances.
goals.
dreams.
and they all need to be sought after while seeking God's will.

i have a habbit of trying to figure out life for myself.
get that degree, get that job, get that paint color on my wall :)
but its time to surrender, even the little things, over to Him.

pray for me as i seek to seek His will.
and not my own.

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
John 15:4

2 comments:

  1. oh my. i didn't expect this post to hit me like it did. i am in the same boat. can't remember the last time i cracked open my bible. really prayed. & it seems like life is good, but that is oh so deceiving. & as soon as i started reading your words, my heart sunk & i got the feeling like i couldn't swallow. thanks for the sweet reminder that we are nothing without our jesus! i'll pray for you. pray for me?

    p.s. hope you have fun at home!! can't wait to find out what you're having!!! eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. it's hard not to build houses on youth or beauty...or dreams...or money...or husbands. i'm so easily distracted and fulfilled by the fleeting things...

    ReplyDelete