- some page through baby name books.
- some go straight to the Bible and grab one of the more popular names there. (matthew, mark, luke and john?!?! ruth?? martha??? mary??)
- some choose from their grandmothers or grandfathers (leona!?!??!?!) (lois!?!?!?)
- some pick their husband's name, and tack on a "jr." (casey jr. HAHAHAHAH)
- some spend hours and hours contemplating (ME ME ME)
- some have had it picked out since they were 16 and sitting on the lifeguard chair dreaming of baby names (you DONT wanna know the list i have from my lifeguarding days....guess what i'm FINALLY over Lilly?!?!?!)
- some pray and pray that the Lord would guide them in choosing a name (trying to do more of that)
- some may pick something so random and odd, just so no one will ever 'copy' it. (apple?)
and that's where i am stuck.
you see..........mr. leif and i really have NOT done a thing to prepare for the babe to come yet. i mean, i have done some internet browsing on the miracle nursery i hope to create. but that is all.
well, i did search craigslist a couple weeks ago for an old crib i could paint. and then i lost interest.
but the one thing we have discussed. A LOT. is names.........
our girls list is set (for now,until we add or change it again)
our boys list. ugh. we can't seem to agree on much. the two we can KINDA agree on are ones that mr. leif doesn't really like. and 2 of the names he does like, are already reserved by close people/friends in my life. and the 3rd one is already used.
so back to my phrase from earlier: copy it.
when do you draw the line? i mean come on......... how many stacie's and sarah's and ashley's and megan's and jennifer's and john's and michael's and josh's and tyler's and ......... do we know from our growing up days?? i mean heck, i just went through my contacts and i have 5 ellie's, 4 emily's, 3 jenni's, 4 jessica's, 5 katie's, 4 laura's, 4 amanda's, 6 megan's. do you think any of their mom's got mad at each other for "stealing" their name?
so i face a dilemma. i want to honor mr. leif's choices. especially since he pretty much agreed to all my girl names (except luna, olive, and haven). how can i disagree with EVERY boy name he likes, just because i might be "stealing" or "copying" someone's name choice for their child they will have in the future, or in one of our choices, a name that has already been given?
also. its a struggle when i have all these different groups of friends. church friends. nebraska friends. college friends. kansas city friends. book club friends. work friends. wine club friends. cousins. sisters. neighbors. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH how can i NOT replicate a name?!?!?!
and........because i always have and always will be a 'sharer' of almost everything personal in my life.
i give you:
our current list of names.
minus mr. leif's 3, i dont know if i am strong enough to unveil those yet.........there goes that DREADED people pleaser in me again. humph.
oh and these are in NO NO NO particular order - heck, it was hard enough making the list, i don't have them prioritized yet, and they will probably change soon...........
lucy (bringer of light)
ok..........i'd really like some help.......can you copy names?? or is it "stealing"??????