Friday, September 3, 2010

time to brag on...

...mr. leif.


it's been a while since i've properly recognized my prince :)


however.
after this week, i knew it was time....

he's been so good to me lately.
don't you love a give and take relationship?!?!?

except, i've been constantly taking, because i'm worn out from giving (to the baby and to my students)

what is he giving, that i'm so graciously taking?

  • breakfasts in bed........waffles......cinnamin rolls.......
  • calling me after work asking what i want for dinner.........
  • researching our 'hospital bag packing list' and emailing me suggestions........
  • late night medicine trips.....i've been a sicky this week........

yep. he's a keeper. and i get to brag about him. because he deserves it. (and now that he reads my blog - THANK U my LOVE........my sweet sweet LOVE :)

.........

i can see where it might be so hard for husbands to know how to help in this 'new baby phase'........when the momma is the one who is so in demand (you know for her breasts and such)

(sorry dad, i know you said i mention breasts too much on my blog.........hahaha, but i can't help it!!)

i can see where the husband's needs get thrown to the wayside because the baby needs me too, his needs also need to be met

i can see how relationships get rocky when a baby is born

BUT i can be intentional about our relationship come october :) i can pray for lots of grace.

sometimes i'm scared that it will be january, and i'll realize that its been since september that we've...........gone on a date. or snuggled in bed. or watched a movie.

i worry too much though.

hello positive thoughts............please consume me??!!

and hello baby..........we are just so ready for you to come. even though you still have 6 weeks. we're ready for ya anytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment