like bigtime change. but it's ok. i don't mind :)
- i don't have time to eat. you know, when we have something planned to do that day. of course, if we are home all day, i can munch around when he's down for a nap....however. when we leave, its 1)quick nurse him 2)quick change him 3)get him in his carseat 4)hit the road because the time until he needs to nurse again is extremely cherished and must be used to the max - so there is no time for YOU to think about feeding yourself. that can wait until........you get home later........OR
- you happen to buzz through a fast food drive in. but when you realize it's not too safe to eat and drive, you decide to quick snarf your chicken sammy down in the parking lot before taking off. well, guess what?! then the babe wakes up and begins to fuss because, dangit mom?, you stopped the car and he prefers the car to be moving :) SO...you throw the sammy back in the sack and hope that it's at least a little roomtemp when you get home to enjoy it later......however......
- once you're back home its time to nurse again, duh!? remember that time in between feedings that you used to the max? well, times UP. get out the ladies and feed your baby......and then you realize.....
- oh i wasted money with the fast food sammy, because now i am back home and i could have just found something here to munch on instead. oh well, mr leif will just enjoy (sarcastic) adding my cold chicken sammy to our 'eatout' budget.....does that really qualify as eating out? huh. yep. now it does :)
ok. i actually wrote that whole little blabble with a smile on my face, and even chuckled a bit. so please, OH please don't think i mind this CHANGE. seriously i'm embracing it with open arms. i know its the life of a momma, and for me? it's only just begun. so bring on the cold chicken sammys..........and da happy babies :) AND......... it's 3:11 in the AM. because yep. things have changed. i'm not sleeping like some of you are........nope. i've just put little rome back in his crib. he DID sleep from 9:00 - 2:00!!!!!!! so he DID need to eat, because it had been 5 hours!! and since i went to bed at 9:30 - that gave me 4 and a half ours of beautiful SLEEP.
thank you ROMAN!
dont you think i forgot...........
today, december 2, 2010, i am grateful for:
1. chicken sanwiches. from burger king. with only ketchup. warm? or cold.....they're GOOOOOOOOD and they're one of my fave's. judge if you wish health nuts! jk. i know i know.....gross, right? nahhhhhh i love em.
2. mr. leif's love of pizza. because if i had to love it alone, i wouldn't get to eat it enough....but since he loves it too........then we get it lots :)
3. roman's new found love to talk back to me. yeah yeah........i love that my kid talks back to me??? sounds like he needs a spank. haha JK. but really. someday i will laugh in despair that i used to love it when he 'talks back'........ but now? now i could eat it up like ice cream. i talk to him, saying things like......."open up or i'll wack your cheek with this nipple shield my lovie" (said in super cheesy, smile for me voice) and then..........he babbles back!!! it's the greatest. and there's something about the 'nipple shield' word, it gets him every time....... (yes. i use a nipple shield)